- “The Hermeneutics of Translating Christian Theology for the Evangelization of Chinese School Children in Late Imperial China.” In Constructions of East and West: Translating Chinese Texts: Translating English Texts, 113-135. Ed. David Jasper et al. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2015.
- “Lessons Learned from Swinburne: A Critique of Richard Swinburne’s Revelation: From Metaphor to Analogy.” TJT 29/2 (2013): 369–88.
“The Place of Cult in Voluntary Associations and Christian Churches on Delos.” In Voluntary Associations in the Graeco-Roman World. Ed. Steven Wilson, John S. Kloppenborg, London: Routledge Press, 1996, 186-225.
- “The Agrippinilla Inscription: Religious Associations and Early Church Formation,” in Origins and Method: Towards a New Understanding of Judaism and Christianity. JSNT Sup. 86. Sheffield: University Press, 1993, 239-70.
- Greek and Latin Inscriptions in the Konya Archaeological Museum. Regional Epigraphic Catalogues of Asia Minor. British Institute of Archaeology at Ankara Monograph 39. BAR International Series, 2002.
- The Cursed Christ: Mediterranean Expulsion Rituals and Pauline Soteriology. JSNT Suppl 126. Sheffield: JSOT Press, 1996.
- Citations and Allusions to Jewish Scripture in Early Christian and Jewish Writings through 180 C.E. Lewistown: Edwin Mellen Press, 1992.
- “ ‘Dust’ (尘) and ‘Foam’ (沤): Sikong Tu’s Principle of ‘Subtle Reserve’ (含蓄) and Its Relevance for Contemporary Hermeneutic Praxis.” Presented at World Conference on Siniology (Oct. 2012).
- “Using Foucault’s Critical Frameworks in the Teaching of Extra-canonical Sources.” SBL Annual Meeting, San Francisco (Nov. 2011).
- “Do Classical Texts have an Enunciative Function? The Classical Text from a Foucautian Poststructuralism Perspective.” APA, Boston, January 2005.